Welcome to the English Corridor. Have a good time!
Home
News
Reading
Listening
Music
Movie
PhDs Exchange
English Kaleidoscope


美式惯用语
 

. I'll back you up all the way.我完全支持你。
Sentence Meaning:: I will support you from binning to end.

. Why don't you get off my back?
不要来打扰我,好不好?
Sentence Meaning::Don't disturb me.

. That's enough of your back talk.
不许你回嘴。
Sentence Meaning:: I don't like the way you argue with me.

. Oh, my aching back
啊呀,天啊,真糟!
Sentence Meaning:: Oh, God!

. I must say this about Lee, he's really on the ball.
他做人醒目勤奋。
Sentence Meaning:: He's really working hard.

. I'm beat.
我累死了。
Sentence Meaning:: I'm in exhausted.

. Why should I beat my brains out for the salary I'm getting?
我拿这么一点薪水,犯不着伤脑筋。
Sentence Meaning:: I'm only getting a small salary, so I don't need to work too hard.

. Row,beat it!
走开点。
Sentence Meaning:: Get away。

. Where did you get the beat-up old car?
你从哪儿弄来那辆老爷车?
Sentence Meaning:: Where did you buy the broken-down car?

. Keep your big mouth shut.
住嘴。
Sentence Meaning:: Stop talking.

. He is a big-time operator.
他这人很吃得开。
Sentence Meaning::He has Rood connections.

. Give me a break.
给我一个机会啦。
Sentence Meaning::Give me a chance.

. Don't brush me off.
不要敷衍我。
Sentence Meaning::Don't stall me.

. I don't buy your story.
我不相信你。
Sentence Meaning::I don't believe you.

. Let's call it quits.
算了吧!
Sentence Meaning:: Let's forget it.

. His words carry a lot of weight.
他的话很有力量。
Sentence Meaning:: He is very influential.

. He is trying to cash in on me.
他想占我便宜。
Sentence Meaning:: He is trying to take advantage from me.

. It's a lot of chicken feed.
这是小意思,不算什么。
Sentence Meaning:: It's nothing.

. Don't chicken out. Be a man.
不要退缩了。
Sentence Meaning::Don't back out.

. It's my cup of tea.
这很合我胃口。
Sentence Meaning::It's my favorite.

. "What's my cut?"
我有什么好处?
Sentence Meaning::what's my share?

. Cut it out.
不要这个样子啦!
Sentence Meaning:: Don't be like that.

. That will be the day.
有这么一天就好了。
Sentence Meaning::It's not possible.

. He double-crossed me.
他出卖了我。
Sentence Meaning:: He betrayed me.

. He's down and out.
他已经完了。
Sentence Meaning::He is finished.

. Drop dead.
走开点。
Sentence Meaning::Go away.

. Take it easy.
不要这么紧张。
Sentence Meaning:: Relax.

What's eating you?
你有什么烦恼?
Sentence Meaning::what's bothering you?

Keep an eye on him.
看住他。
Sentence Meaning::Watch him.

He is a fast talker.
他老是说得天花乱坠。
Sentence Meaning::He is always bragging.

I am fed up.
我已经厌倦了。
Sentence Meaning:: I am sick and tired.

Please fill me in.
请你把情形告诉我。
Sentence Meaning:: Please tell me all about it.

It's full of hot air.
这是雷声大雨点小。
Sentence Meaning::Lots of talk and no action.

What's the gag?
这里面有什么奥妙?
Sentence Meaning::What's the trick?

He told me to get lost.
他叫我走开。
Sentence Meaning::he told me go away.

That's a good gimmick.
那是一个好办法。
Sentence Meaning::That's good thinking.

He gave me a pain in the neck.
他真叫我头痛。
Sentence Meaning::He gave me trouble.

He's always on the go.
他永远是前进的。
Sentence Meaning:: He's always going ahead.

I'll have another go at it.
我再试一次。
Sentence Meaning:: I'll try again.

I'll go along with you.
我同意你。
Sentence Meaning:: I'll agree with you.

It's a good deal.
这是一个好买卖。
Sentence Meaning::It's a good bargain.

He always goofs off.
他总是糊里糊涂。
Sentence Meaning:: He always slips.

Go on.
不要这个样子啦!
Sentence Meaning::Don't be like that.

It's all Greek to me.
我全不懂。
Sentence Meaning::I don't understand.

I've had it.
糟了(吃饱了)。
Sentence Meaning::I've had enough.

I'm hard up.
我经济很困难。
Sentence Meaning::I don't have money.

He's having a hard time.
他的处境不好。
Sentence Meaning::He's in trouble.

Do to hell!
滚蛋!
Sentence Meaning:: Go away.

It's a hit.
这件事很受人欢迎。
Sentence Meaning::It's very popular.

He's in hot water.
他在水深火热中。
Sentence Meaning:: He is in deep trouble.

So, you finally broke the ice.
你终于打破了僵局。
Sentence Meaning::So,you finally broke through.

What's in it for me?
我有什么好处?
Sentence Meaning:: What's my share?

He is in a jam.
他可糟了。
Sentence Meaning:: He is in great trouble.

Don't jump on me.
不要跟我发火。
Sentence Meaning:: Don't be angry at me.

It's a lot of junks.
这都是一些鬼东西。
Sentence Meaning:: It's a lot of garbage.

I got a big kick out of it.
这件事真令我开心。
Sentence Meaning:: It makes me laugh.

What the kick back for me?
我有回扣拿吗?
Sentence Meaning:: What's my cut under the table?

He kicked the bucket.
他已经归天。
Sentence Meaning:: He died.

Are you kidding?
你是不是开玩笑?
Sentence Meaning:: Are you joking?

Oh! you are killing me!
笑死人了。
Sentence Meaning::It's really funny.

Knock it off.
不要这个样子。
Sentence Meaning::Don't be like that.

Stop pulling my l.
不要开我玩笑了。
Sentence Meaning::Don't make fun of me.

You are out of line.
你太过份了。
Sentence Meaning:: You are over doing it.

Please bring me up to date.
把最近的情形告诉我。
Sentence Meaning:: Please give me the latest information.

I will make it up to you.
我一定会补偿你的。
Sentence Meaning:: I'll compensate you.

You made it again. (You did it again.)
你又得手了。
Sentence Meaning:: You succeed again.

You hit the nail on the head.
你真是一言中的。
Sentence Meaning:: You are absolutely right.

No dice.
不行。
Sentence Meaning::No way.

He is a nut.
他有点精神病。
Sentence Meaning:: He is insane.

Nuts!
胡说!
Sentence Meaning::Nonsense!

It's on the house.
这是免费的。
Sentence Meaning:: It's free.

He is an operator. (here it means a thief,a swindler,ect.)
他是一个老滑头。
Sentence Meaning::He is a swindler.

Don't panic.
不要慌啊!
Sentence Meaning::Don't be nervous.

He passed out.
他已经昏倒了!
Sentence Meaning:: He fainted.

To me it is just peanuts.
对我来讲,这太不值得了。
Sentence Meaning:: It's nothing to me.

He is a phoney.
他是一个骗子。
Sentence Meaning:: He is fake.

Pick me up at seven tonight.
今天晚上七点钟你来接我。
Sentence Meaning::Come and get me at seven tonight.

He was put on the spot.
他已经给人打死了。
Sentence Meaning::He was killed.

He puts up a good show.
他的表现很好。
Sentence Meaning::He behaves himself well.

I can't put up with you any longer.
我不能再忍耐了。
Sentence Meaning:: I can't stand you any longer.

Let's call it quits.
我们算了吧!
Sentence Meaning:: Let's forget the whole thing.

He was taken for a ride.
他受骗了。
Sentence Meaning::He was fooled.

Let it ride.
让他去吧!
Sentence Meaning:: Keep it as it is.

I'm running this shop.
我管理这个铺子。
Sentence Meaning::I'm the owner of the shop.

Time is running out.
时间不多了。
Sentence Meaning:: There is not much time.

He got the sack.
他被开除了。
Sentence Meaning::He was fired.

Says who?
谁说的?我不同意。
Sentence Meaning::I don't agree.

Let's have a show down with John.
我们跟约翰摊牌。
Sentence Meaning::Let's tell Tom the truth.

What's up your sleeves?
你变的是什么戏法?
Sentence Meaning:: What do you have in mind?

I am only a small potato.
我只是一个小角色。
Sentence Meaning:: I'm nobody.

John Lee is a some-body, although be was a nobody two years ago.
李约翰现在已是名人,虽然两年前是默默无闻的.
Sentence Meaning:: John Lee is a very important man, although he was a
nobody two years ago.

He is now in the soup.
他现在糟糕了。
Sentence Meaning:: He is now in great trouble.

Keep stalling him.
继续拖延他吧。
Sentence Meaning:: Keep brushing him off.

Jack was all steamed up.
杰克非常冲动。
Sentence Meaning:: Jack was furious.

I'm having a swell time.
我玩得很开心 。
Sentence Meaning::I'm having a wonderful time.

I was taken in.
我受骗了。
Sentence Meaning:: I was cheated.

Tell it to the marines.
我不会相信的。
Sentence Meaning::I don't believe.

That's it.
不错,就是这样。
Sentence Meaning::That's the whole story.

There you go again.
啊呀!你又来了!
Sentence Meaning::No, not again.

What's up?
有什么好新闻?
Sentence Meaning:: What's going on?

What are you up to?
你又搞什么鬼?
Sentence Meaning:: What do you intend to do now?

I'm on the wagon.
我戒酒了。
Sentence Meaning:: I quit drinking.

Walls have ears.
隔墙有耳。
Sentence Meaning:: Keep your voice down.

Still water runs deep.
大智若愚。
Sentence Meaning::A wise man playing a fool.

What do you say?
你的意思怎么样?
Sentence Meaning:: What do you think?

So what?
那又怎么样?
Sentence Meaning:: What can you do about it?

What's up?
有什么事情吗?
Sentence Meaning:: Anything happen?

 

 

 
 

 

 

 




Copyright © 2003 by Feng's Studio. All Rights Reserved
Some of the materials are from the net. If they are under your ownership and you are not willing to share them, just email to comcom12345@163.com, we will cancell them immediately.